Ridere, ludere, hoc est vivere.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Dice Hate Me trifecta!

(c) Dice Hate Me Games
Used by permission
In just the last few years (as anyone who has followed Man OverBoard already knows), I've had the pleasure of getting to know Chris and Cherilyn Kirkman of Dice Hate Me Games.  Dice Hate Me was one of the first blogs I ever started following, and it was great to meet them at WBC 2011.  That's where they introduced me to T.C. Petty III, with whom they were playtesting VivaJava: The Coffee Game.  I've since had the opportunity to hang out with Chris and T.C. at multiple conventions over the last couple of years.  They also introduced me to Ben Rosset at PrezCon 2012 when he was playtesting "Stranded."  Last summer I got to try out Ben's Mars Needs Mechanics at WBC and have since had a number of great conversations with him about our thoughts on game design.

Over all this time I'd often heard them talk on their State of Games podcast about - and even talk with - a game designer named Daniel Solis, whom I never met but whom I saw at UnPub 3 just last January when he was playtesting Belle of the Ball.  Daniel and I have tweeted back and forth quite a bit about some of his designs, and I really like the way his mind works.

All of this personal history serves as background to the recent announcement by Dice Hate Me Games that they have picked up three games for development and future release:
Boardgamegeek had a nice news post on the announcement as well.  I couldn't be more thrilled for everyone involved.  DHMG has really upped its ante coming off the wildly successful Kickstarter campaign for Compounded by Darrell Louder.  All of these look to be terrific games, which means that DHMG is going to have a great lineup for 2013 and going into 2014.  These guys are rolling sixes.



No comments:

Post a Comment